Top 10 Reasons to Choose a Small Montessori School
1. Having a small school allows Mary Shultz, owner, director and AMI-certified teacher, to spend time with each child on a daily basis, and get to know each family as well, to ensure the best possible educational experience for each child.
2. All teaching assistants are full-time and trained by Mary Shultz. In our small setting, all teachers work closely throughout the day to carefully prepare an environment that benefits all children's needs. Assistants are required to have a background in early childhood education or psychology. Ongoing education and training is conducted annually.
3. All children are an important part of the Berwyn Montessori community.
4. Our small environment allows the teachers to closely observe each child. These daily observations allow the teachers to guide each child's developmental needs.
5. In the small learning atmosphere, children learn respect for self, peers and environment.
6. Because of our small setting, we are able to keep a watchful eye on any problems that might arise between the children. We are able to help our students work through conflicts and challenges by using communication skills and developing character traits such as empathy, kindness and generosity.
7. Our smaller size supports individualized learning.
8. Being in a small school helps all children develop strong social skills.
9. Because we get to know our families personally, all parents are given opportunities to learn about Montessori and how to apply it in the home environment.
10. We care for our students well beyond their years at Berwyn Montessori. After graduation, all alumni are encouraged to continue their education at Berwyn Montessori through our Summer Leadership Program.